Clone your favourite house plants with Urban Botanist Cloning Paste!
Urban Botanist Cloning paste promotes new growth, formulated to work with a vast range of different indoor plants.
The active plant hormone ingredient is cytokinin which promotes shoot proliferation in tissue culture. Using the cloning paste on a 'dormant bud' can activate it, promoting a new shoot.
Experiment with propagating your house plants, accelerating new shoot growth from both the mother plant and cutting and promoting bushier plants
- Find the Dormant Bud - for the majority of house plants, the dormant bud is going to be located at each node. You may need to prune off a leaf and/or peel off the bract on the stem to reveal the bud underneath.
- Apply the Cloning Paste - a little bit of paste goes a long way! The hormones are very powerful in small doses. Use a toothpick or cotton bud and apply the paste onto the dormant bud.
- Wait - 2-4 weeks for shoot to emerge
- Care for your plant as per normal
- Provide optimal conditions for your chosen mother plant.
- Reapply if the growth slows at the base of the new shoot.
Don't get too excited
- Make sure you don't apply the cloning paste to more than three dormant buds on each plant. This will take up too much energy and slow the growth of your plant down.
- Store in a cool place away from sunlight.
Urban Botanist Cloning Paste has worked on a wide variety of plants, however we can't guarantee it will work on EVERY plant. For optimum results make sure your plant is actively growing, feeding them with your favourite fertiliser, increased daylight hours (spring to summer or a grow light) humidity over 60% and temperatures over 20 degrees celsius.
How Urban Botanist Cloning Paste Works
The natural lanolin base infused with plant hormones tricks your house plants into producing new shoots when applied to dormant buds.
Commonly used in tissue culture, the active ingredient in the cloning paste 'cytokine' promotes cell division and shoot proliferation. The lanolin base is 100% natural made from a bi-product from sheep wool.
Propagation - Speed up new growth on a new cutting by applying cloning paste to the dormant bud after it has rooted. Especially handy for cuttings with no active growth tip. The mother plant can also be forced to produce new shoots faster.
This process will happen naturally after apical dominance is released, but can be sped up with the application of cloning paste. Some plants see new growth after one week.
Bushier plants - Cloning paste can be a great solution to avoid topping your indoor plants to produce lateral branching. Results vary depending on plant species, how prolific the plant grows, environmental factors and seasons (spring and summer will bring the best results).
Cloning your favourite house plant - Keep your plant growing to maturity by keeping the main growth point whilst producing a 'clone' lower down on the stem.
Waking plants from dormancy - Dormant plants that have had cloning paste applied to them have been reported to ‘wake up’ and produce new shoots, especially evident in Hoyas.